Terms of Service
Last updated November 30, 2023
Terms and Conditions for mail.coop email Services
Welcome to the mail.coop paid email service. By signing up and subscribing to our service, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
The services provided under these Terms and Conditions are offered by Innovation Cooperative Limited, a cooperative society registered in the United Kingdom.
- Registered Name: Innovation Cooperative Limited
- Cooperative Society Number: RS004392
- Geographical Address: Holyoake House, Hanover Street, Manchester M60 0AS, UK
If you have any questions or concerns about these Terms, our services, or your experiences, please contact us using any of the methods prominently displayed in the ‘contact’ section of our website or by email at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To place an order with Innovation Cooperative Limited, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Product Selection: Visit our website and browse through our range of products here https://mail.coop/pricing. Our product offerings are prominently displayed for easy access.
- Customisation: Once you have selected a product, you will be directed to an input form. Here, you can specify the details of your purchase, including the email address (or addresses) you wish to obtain.
- Review and Payment: After specifying your product details you can proceed to the basket to review your order. You will be presented with the total annual cost. You can then proceed to the checkout to finalise the purchase.
- Payment Processing: Payments are securely processed through Stripe. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the payment.
- Order Confirmation: Upon successful payment, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided during the order process. This email will confirm the details of your purchase.
- Service Instructions: A separate email will be sent to you with detailed instructions on how to use the email service.
Please ensure that the details provided during the order process are accurate. If you need to correct any input errors, you may do so at the checkout stage before finalising your payment. If you do not receive the confirmation email or service instructions within a reasonable time frame, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
- Total Price: The total price of our services is prominently displayed alongside each product description and is reaffirmed at the checkout stage. The price set forth includes all applicable taxes.
- Acknowledgment of Payment Obligation: By proceeding to checkout and confirming your order, you acknowledge your obligation to pay the stated price for the services selected.
- Service Activation: Activation of the service is contingent upon successful payment processing through Stripe. Services will not be set up or activated until full payment is received.
- Non-Payment of renewal and Service Suspension: Should payment not be received within one calendar month of the annual renewal date, we reserve the right to suspend your email service.
- Consequences of Non-Payment: In the event of non-payment, no additional interest or penalties will be applied, but the email service may be suspended and ultimately withdrawn. It is important to ensure timely payment to avoid any disruption to your service.
Use of service
- Contract Duration: Our services are provided on an annual subscription basis.
- Automatic Renewal: Unless you notify us of your intent to cancel or fail to complete payment for the renewal, we will automatically renew your service to ensure uninterrupted access.
- Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your subscription at any time before the end of the current subscription year. To cancel, please follow the cancellation process outlined in the ‘Cancellation Rights’ section of these Terms and Conditions.
- Price Review and Changes: We reserve the right to review and adjust service prices periodically.
- Notice of Price Increase: In the event of a price increase, you will be given a minimum of one month’s notice before your subscription renewal date. This notice will detail the new pricing and provide you with the option to renew or cancel your subscription in light of the new pricing structure.
Innovation Cooperative Limited offers an email hosting service that adheres to the IMAP, SMTP, and POP3 standards, ensuring compatibility and interoperability with a wide range of email clients. Our service infrastructure is securely hosted in the United Kingdom and utilises open-source software to provide robust and reliable performance.
- Email Hosting: Our email hosting services allow for seamless integration with various email clients that support IMAP, SMTP, and POP3 protocols, providing flexibility in how you access and manage your email.
- Webmail Service: Alongside email hosting, we offer a webmail service that is accessible through any standard web browser, providing a user-friendly interface for managing your emails online.
- Service Details: The specific functionalities and technical specifications of our email services are detailed within the product descriptions on our website. For additional information, including best practices and troubleshooting, please refer to the FAQs section.
- Service Availability: While we aim for 24/7 service availability, sometimes we may need to perform maintenance or respond to technical issues. We’ll do our best to keep the service running smoothly.
- Updates and Improvements: We are committed to continuously improving our services. As such, we may update the technical details of our services from time to time. Our goal is to minimise any impact such changes may have on the user experience. In cases where changes are necessary, we will provide guidance and assistance to ensure a smooth transition for our customers.
Data Protection and Legal Compliance
As part of our commitment to privacy and legal compliance, users of the Innovation Cooperative Limited email service are reminded that their use of the service is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. While we do not place specific data protection obligations on users, we emphasise the importance of compliance with data protection laws as part of the broader requirement not to use our services for any illegal activities. Users are responsible for ensuring that their use of the email service, including the content of their communications and the handling of any personal data, complies with such laws and regulations.
- Right to Cancel: Customers have the right to cancel their subscription at any time.
- Refund Policy: If you cancel within the first 14 days after placing the order, we will refund you in full. If you cancel after the first 14 days then, provided that you are not in breach of the terms and conditions, we will refund the unused portion of the current year’s subscription. The refund will be calculated on a pro-rata basis, corresponding to the remaining full months of the subscription period.
- Cancellation Process: To cancel your subscription, please notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your full name, the email address associated with your account, and a clear statement that you wish to cancel your subscription.
- Receipt of Cancellation: Upon receiving your cancellation request, we will send you an acknowledgment via email, confirming the commencement of the cancellation process.
- Processing Refunds: Refunds will be processed as soon as possible and, in any case, within 14 days of your cancellation notice. The refund will be credited to the payment method you used for the original transaction unless expressly agreed otherwise.
Reference to Other Materials
The Terms and Conditions herein may reference or link to additional information, policies, and service details that are available on our website, particularly within product descriptions and FAQs. To ensure a comprehensive understanding of the contractual relationship and service expectations, the following provisions apply:
- Incorporation by Reference: All information, guidelines, policies, and service descriptions provided on our website that are relevant to the use of our services and which are referenced within these Terms and Conditions are hereby incorporated by reference. This means they form part of the contractual terms binding on you as the user. You can find these at these locations:
- Updates and Amendments: If there is a discrepancy between the information on our website and these Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions will take precedence. We reserve the right to update or amend the referenced materials on our website as necessary. Such changes will be communicated in accordance with the ‘Changes to Terms’ section of this document.
- Access to Referenced Materials: We strive to ensure that the referenced materials are easily accessible to users. However, if you encounter any issues accessing this information, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
All notices and communications can be sent electronically and will satisfy any legal requirements as if they were in writing.
Limitations of Liability
Innovation Cooperative Limited aims to provide a reliable and uninterrupted service, however, we recognise that events outside our control may occasionally result in service disruptions. The following limitations of liability apply to our services:
- Events Outside Our Control: We shall not be held liable for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions that is caused by events outside our reasonable control. This includes any act, event, non-happening, omission, or accident beyond our control and includes, in particular (without limitation), the following:
- Strikes, lock-outs, or other industrial action.
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not), or threat or preparation for war.
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic, or other natural disasters.
- Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks.
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations, or restrictions of any government.
- Business Losses: We are not liable for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Consumer Rights: Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits our liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession).
- Any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples).
- Any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge that we will not be liable for any such events outside our control and that our liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Acceptable use policy
We reserve the right to terminate service should it come to our notice that the email service is being used for unacceptable purposes including, but not limited to:
- Promotion of Hate Speech: Distributing content that promotes hostility or violence against individuals or groups based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or ethnicity.
- Aggressive Trolling: Engaging in behaviours intended to harass, threaten, or abuse others.
- Spamming: Sending unsolicited bulk messages that can be disruptive or harmful.
- Phishing and Fraud: Attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, or financial details under false pretences.
- Dissemination of Malware: Distributing software designed to infiltrate or damage a computer system without the owner’s informed consent.
- Intellectual Property Violations: Sharing or distributing copyrighted materials without authorisation.
- Impersonation: Assuming the identity of another person with the intent to deceive.
- Illegal Activities: Engaging in or promoting actions that are unlawful.
This list is not exhaustive, and we maintain the discretion to terminate service for other uses we consider unacceptable depending on the context and severity of the actions.
Termination and Transfer
Termination by Innovation Cooperative Limited: While we strive to provide consistent and ongoing services, there are certain circumstances under which Innovation Cooperative Limited may terminate the service:
- Breach of Terms: Immediate termination may occur if you are found in breach of these Terms and Conditions, including the Acceptable use policy.
- Reputational Harm: Actions that we believe, in our sole judgement, may cause harm to our reputation as a cooperative business may also be grounds for termination. A 30-day notice will be provided unless the actions pose an imminent risk to our reputation, in which case the termination may be immediate.
Customer’s Right to Terminate: You retain the right to terminate your service at any point.
Transfer of Contract: The contract or any rights and obligations under it may not be transferred by the customer to another party without the prior written consent of Innovation Cooperative Limited, which will not be unreasonably withheld and may be contingent on certain conditions to ensure the transferee’s compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
Effect of Termination: Upon termination, your right to use the service will cease immediately. We will maintain any statutory obligations with regards to data retention but are otherwise not responsible for storing or maintaining any data or information post-termination.
Changes to Terms
We may revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, new technological developments, or improvements to our services.
- Notice of Changes: In the event of any material changes to these Terms and Conditions, we will provide at least one month’s notice before the changes take effect. During this notice period, customers will have the opportunity to review the changes and, if they do not agree to the revised terms, to cancel their subscription before the changes come into force and will receive a refund for the remaining term.
- Acceptance of Changes: Continued use of our services after the notice period will constitute acceptance of the new terms.
These terms are governed by English law. We aim to resolve disputes amicably when they arise. If we cannot resolve a dispute amicably, it will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.